For patients with internet access we are encouraging every request for an appointment to be made using our interactive website, you can do this by visiting our Consulting Room.
The benefits of accessing in this way are:
- Access 24 hours a day
- No waiting on the telephone
- Requests will be received and responded to quickly
- We can appoint you with the correct clinician for your problem
- GP’s can handle workload more efficiently and release time to see patients
- Tests can be arranged prior to your appointment to make the most of your consultation
- Patients with complex health care needs can have longer appointments.
- Improves continuity for patients with their own GPs
- Enables receptionists to help patients in the surgery and those without the internet
Please try to use this service, this is a new service and your feedback will help us be successful in improving access for patients and managing workload for the clinicians.
If you do not have the internet access please telephone the surgery and the receptionist will complete the process for you.
We also provide pre-bookable appointments, same day appointments for more urgent problems and telephone consultations.
We provide the following appointments:
- Doctors, for complex medical care
- Emergency care practitioners & nurse practitioner for minor illness and first presentations.
- Nurses, for annual reviews of long term conditions, contraception, travel vaccinations, complex dressings and childhood vaccinations
- Healthcare assistants for dressings, health checks and procedures such as ear syringing, vaccinations
- In-house pharmacist for medication related problems.
- Smoking cessation appointments
- Midwife appointments
- Social prescribing for problems affecting your well being.
- Blood pressure – Please use the blood pressure machine at any time convenient to you and give the readings to reception who will pass them on to your doctor
- Extended hours commencing at 07:30) appointments, evening appointments until 20:15 on Wednesdays and also appointments every Sunday 09:00 – 13:00.
If you no longer need an appointment please remember to cancel it so that other patients can benefit.
We increasingly rely on texts to your mobile phone to remind you of appointments and emails for communicating with patients, please ensure you keep your details updated.